So i finally took the time to redo my website, this time in the form of a WordPress Blog. Created a WordPress theme from scratch, using BootStrap. It didn’t take as long as I thought it would, after recently coding up a new theme for my College’s JCR Website (http://jcr.stcatz.ox.ac.uk) creating themes have come with more and more ease. Granted this is by no means a complete theme, there are plenty more things I need to do to tidy it up, and there’s plenty of stuff that is hardcoded that needs to be moved over to the admin panel. But I got it to a state where it is functional, and I can start to use it.
Eventually I plan to release this theme as Open Source, but there’s a long way to go until then. And much tidying up to do. But a milestone has been reached today!
I have to say, after working with BootStrap for two projects now, I’m beginning to like it more and more. It really does insanely speed up the process of front-end development. I would recommend that those who haven’t give it a try as soon as you get the chance!
Anyway, I think I’ll call this a day! It’s 5 am and a job well done i think!